Октябрь 12, 2023
TikTok introduces the TikTok Self-Attribution Network. We are proud to be one of the first MMPs to support this shift. Tenjin will help you set up automatically. For the migration, please inform your TikTok sales lead and ask to be added to the SAN allowlist.You can expect to receive an email and an in-platform notification from TikTok before and after the transition.
TikTok has experienced booming growth in the last couple of years. We see more and more advertisers choosing TikTok as the first ad network to start their user acquisition. At the same time, more advanced Tenjin users are passing in-app purchases (IAP) and ad revenue callbacks to optimize TikTok performance.
As one of the first few MMPs supported by TikTok, we work closely with the TikTok team to improve our mutual clients’ experience and deliver TikTok’s latest features to Tenjin users. That collaboration means Tenjin is also one of the first MMPs to support TikTok’s switch to self-attributing network (SAN).
What’s a self-attributing network?
Self-attributing networks receive app event data for the whole user base of an app. They process the data with their own logic (e.g. attribution window, enabled or disabled impression attribution) and report app event data that should be attributed to their campaigns.
At the moment, the following ad networks are SAN with Tenjin:
- Apple Search Ads
Non-SANs, on the contrary, rely on Tenjin attribution logic and display the installs that were reported by Tenjin.
Why do advertisers need an MMP for self-attributing networks?
Self-Attribution Networks (SANs) often withhold certain data from individual advertisers. Instead, they offer valuable additional insights exclusively to validated MMPs.
Without an MMP, your ability to consolidate de-duplicated SAN data from multiple networks into a unified view will be limited.
What should I expect to see in TikTok Ads Manager?
- More attributed installs/events: Since TikTok will now claim credit for interactions that occur within the TikTok attribution window, this means TikTok Ads Manager will likely see more conversions than before. However, please note the exact impact will vary from advertiser to advertiser.
- More signals for TikTok downstream performance products: These increased attributed events will also be used in TikTok downstream performance products across bidding, targeting, and optimization. This will likely result in better performance over time.
- Future-looking attribution solutions: Moving to a self-attribution network is the first step to unlocking additional, proprietary attribution solutions. While many are still work-in-progress, some features TikTok may launch in the future include privacy-first conversion lift studies, multi-touch attribution reports, and other attribution products to help you get the most from advertising with TikTok.
- X-channel conversion reports are still available in the MMP: Many advertisers use their MMP’s x-channel conversion data for making budgeting decisions and comparing ROI on different platforms. This report will still exist when TikTok moves to a self-attributing network, so you can continue to use this report as normal.
- Holistic measurement: TikTok still sends selected MMPs, including Tenjin, the clicks and impression data as is, and MMPs utilize that data to supplement the SAN tracking for TikTok opt-in users
What should I expect in the Tenjin dashboard?
Due to the change, the difference between tracked (based on Tenjin attribution logic) installs and reported (based on TikTok attribution) installs might increase. The discrepancy may vary depending on the advertiser.
Other than that, everything will stay the same for existing Tenjin users.
New users will need to follow the following guide to set up the TikTok integration.
More TikTok & Tenjin guides:
Do you have more questions? Feel free to write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.